Surprise your cheese lovers with this easy meatloaf. This recipe makes two loaves so one can be frozen for another time if you have a small family.
- 2 and ½ pounds of ground chuck
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of bell pepper, chopped (freeze the rest for another use)
- 1 and ½ cups of oatmeal (or bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 can of tomato paste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix the beef, cheese, onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic until blended. In another bowl, blend the eggs with the tomato paste and add to the meat mixture.
Using your hands, form the meat mixture into two loaves and put into two, greased 4 x 8 inch loaf pans. Bake uncovered for 1 hour.