Easy Chicken and Bacon Alfredo Pasta with Veggies Dinner Recipes
Prepping Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 40 minutes
Yield : 4 portions
- 10 ounces penne, you can use the one made of brown rice for gluten-free version
- 6 strips thick cut bacon, chopped
- A pound chicken breast
- 1⅓ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⅓ cups half-and-half, you can mix equal parts of whole milk and cream
- A cup spinach
- 5 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, diced finely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A teaspoon mixed Italian seasoning; you can combine dried oregano, basil, and thyme
- A teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet over high temperature.
- Sear one side of chicken breast for a minute then season the other side with Italian seasoning mix and paprika.
- Turn to the other side then lower temperature to medium. Cook for several minutes until the breast is almost cooked through. Take out the chicken, slice thinly and set it aside.
- Add finely diced garlic, red pepper flakes and other vegetables (spinach and tomatoes) to the skillet, along with half bacon and a third of chicken cuts.
- Pour in half-and-half then wait until the liquid boils. Add grated Parmesan to the skillet until Alfredo sauce turns creamy. Turn off the heat immediately then season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Boil water in a large pot. Season water with generous amount of salt.
- Add penne then cook until al dente following the package instructions. Once cooked, drain pasta from hot water then rinse with cold water to stop further cooking process.
- Mix penne and Alfredo sauce. Add remaining bacon pieces to the mix. Taste the pasta then adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Prepare additional half a cup of freshly grated Parmesan. Serve pasta with grated cheese and remaining chicken slices on top.