Having creamy soups can always be a good option for the menu. In this case, there is a good menu that combines hamburger soup and creamy potatoes. It is a delicious soup that brings great taste. Moreover, you will get the texture of soup and russet potatoes. If you are interested to make the dish, there are complete ingredients and cooking instructions. It is actually easy to make, but you have to be patient since it involves a baking process that will take some hours.
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 4 hours
Total Time : 4 hours 20 minutes
Yields : 4
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef. It can also be replaced by chicken breast.
- 2 cups of frozen vegetable mix. It depends on your preference
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups milk
- 6 cups of Russet potatoes; peeled and diced. It cannot be replaced by red potatoes since it will give a different effect on the dish.
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Get your large skillet ready and set the heat. On the skillet, fry the beef with onions. Do it until the onions are softened and the beef has turned brown. Do not forget to use the grease in the process. After that, drain the beef and onion from the grease.
- Use the skillet to fry garlic until the nice fragrance appears and the color is browned.
- After that, add the beef and onions to the pot. It can be either stockpot or crockpot.
- Add the fried garlic, parsley, potatoes, vegetables, and the broth to the pot.
- Cook them in low temperature for 8 hours. In case you want to make it faster, use the high heat and cook for around 4 hours. The other indicator can be seen from the potatoes. When they are tender and start to dissolve, it means that the cooking process is done.
- While cooking the meat, mix the milk and cornstarch and whisk them together in a medium heat. Add also the Velveeta cheese and make it melting. Do not forget to stir them several times. When the cheese has melted and the mixtures turn into a soup, spoon the soup into bowl or pour on the meat.
- Serve the dish.