The cute and salty mixture and weirdness of it all is something so inherently pleasing. This sloppy joe recipe with the ideal flavor and shape is cute, pliable, and delicious. Homemade sloppy joe can be made unbelievably easily, in approximately 20 minutes.
Brown beef is combined with chopped onion and pepper then sweetened with tomato sauce and kettle. The key is to season the sauce correctly. Instead of bell pepper, you can use carrots and celery. Moreover, put the joe into brown sugar rather than molasses. If you like the milder sauce, you can omit chili powder and red peppers.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Yield : 6
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 diced small green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 diced small yellow onion
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 brioche hamburger buns
- 8 ounces chopped Provolone cheese slices
- 8 ounces minced brown mushrooms
- Prepare a large cast non-sticky iron skillet. Put the ground beef into it and brown until crust shown over (but not too long, so the beef does not break apart).
- Stir it with a steel spatula until the crust spread on at least fifty percent of the beef’s surface.
- When you are done with the previous step, remove the beef onto a plate, with or without the fat. Then, put mushrooms, bell peppers, butter and the onions into the skillet. Let it brown for around 2 minutes then stir them. Repeat this step once again or until they are soft and fragrance.
- Once again, put the beef into the pan.
- While the beef processed, mix together cornstarch and beef broth in a small cup.
- Put together the black pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup along with the previously made beef broth and cornstarch mixture into the beef pan.
- Cook the ingredients until 75% if it turns into liquid mixture. If you are confused, it should be cooked for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- After that, off the heat and add the provolone cheese onto the mixture. But if you prefer melted cheese, cook it together along with the mixture.
- Arrange your brioche buns and serve the mixture over them. Your Sloppy Joes steak is ready to be served.