The Favorite Blueberry Muffins Recipes
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Yield : 12 cups
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup whole white wheat flour, have 1 additional tbsp and divide it
- 1 cup blueberries, can be frozen or fresh
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- ¾ cup rolled oats, the old fashioned
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted then cooled
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- To begin with, prepare a rack, and oven. Place a rack at the center of the oven and preheat it at 400 degrees F. Then coat standard muffin tin with nonstick spray lightly. For other option, you can use paper liners as well. Then, set it aside.
- Secondly, take a mixing bowl. Then add the wheat flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt on it. Then make a well at the center of this dry ingredient.
- Take another bowl to whisk butter, milk, vanilla, and eggs. Add this wet ingredient to the dry ingredient. Stir them carefully by using a wooden spoon. Blend them well.
- Next, toss the blueberries gently with the divided 1 tbsp of flour. Fold it into batter. If there is any excess flour which does not attach to the blueberries, just discard it. This way can prevent the blueberries to sink at the bottom of the muffins later.
- Now, divide the batter on the muffin cups. Bake it for about 18 up to 20 minutes, until it turns golden brown. To check whether it is well cooked or not, you can insert a toothpick at the center. When it comes out clean, it means the muffin is well cooked.
- Take it off from the oven. Let the muffin cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. After that, take it to a rack to cool down.